Confirmed: The Pots for the 2018 World Cup final draw | November 16, 2017
FIFA is using its World Ranking which was published last month to seed all four pots for the draw.
The draw will take place on Friday, Dec. 1 at 6 p.m. local time in Moscow (3 p.m. GMT / 10 a.m. ET).
- Pot 1: Russia, Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France
- Pot 2: Spain, Peru, Switzerland, England, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, Croatia
- Pot 3: Denmark, Iceland, Costa Rica, Sweden, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Iran
- Pot 4: Serbia, Nigeria, Australia, Japan, Morocco, Panama, South Korea, Saudi ArabiaDraw details:
– 1 team from each pot is drawn into a group (8 groups of 4 nations)
– no more than 2 teams from Europe in any one pot; no more than 1 nation from any other confederation.
Note: The nations in pot 1 were already set last month, while Croatia were the beneficiaries of Italy being the only seeded team not to make it through the European playoffs, bumped up to pot 2 as a result.